Thursday, February 15, 2007

My homage to Robert Doisneau and Alfred Eisenstaedt for The New York Times "Public Displays of Affection" Sunday Style




This awesome assignment came from the Sunday Style section and is called Public Displays of Affection. The article, which I haven't seen as of this writing refers to the fact that people in New York are still uncomfortable with seeing gay people kissing in public. I was asked to shoot James Lopez and Kaolin Bass kissing around the city and to meet them in Trump tower. The rest was up to me. Doisneau's famous picture of the couple kissing in front of the cafe immediately sprang to mind as well as Eisenstaedt's iconic image in Times Square at the end of the 2nd world war for Life magazine. With that in mind we did the shoot this morning and a few images that I didn't expect at all happened along the way.The rest of the take can be seen at the link in the subject line.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home